Monday, October 18, 2010

Finished Poppies

The Poppies are no longer in progress. It's taken me countless hours and more episodes of Chuck then I want to admit, but mum's birthday present is now finished and only a month after her birthday! Personally I think it turned out stunning, I can't wait to see it framed and hanging on the wall. But I couldn't resist sharing it now, even in its un-ironed state (not sure how I'm going to accomplish that one considering the beading). 


 "Poppy Summer," by Maria Diaz ("The World of Cross Stitching" Issue 165).
Stitched on 28 count Antique White Linen, with DMC threads and Bead Neez Black Seed Beads. 
 
 
Click the photo to enlarge. I can now say with pride that I have mastered stitching on high count linen and incorporating beading. Both of them turned out to be easier than I thought! Onto the next project or two or three, at least some of which I am happy to say will be a break from cross-stitching. More on that soon :)

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.