Friday, December 17, 2010

Things I Like Friday: Christmas

I admit I do love Christmas. There's just something about it. . . last year I spent my Christmas on the other side of the world with my wonderful man and his family. Nowadays I can't decide what I like better, the traditional white Christmas I had in France and the UK or the typical Kiwi summer Christmas. I think I'll just have to alternate in between! I thought I'd share a little bit of what my parents home looks like at Christmas. Many of our decorations were handpainted by my late grandmother, who was a talented folk artist. 


The small pieces of cross stitch were both done by me several years ago now. The flowers are various types of lilly, the white being the Christmas Lilly that is traditional here and for me smells like Christmas even more than pine does. 

More important than the decorations is remembering the reason for the season. It's a time to thank God for our blessings, our family, our friends and our lives in him. I am truly thankful for the people I have in my life, the abilities and passions God has given me. Craft being one of them! 
God Bless you all and may you have a safe and merry Christmas

*Sarah*

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Have to say I do prefer a summer Christmas to a winter one (but a lot of that has to do with the fact that I live in the Northern Hemisphere now and miss home!!!)

    Merry Christmas to you, as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see if the novelty of a white Christmas wears off for me after a few more in future! At the moment the memories of walking through a French Christmas market late at night hand in hand with my man are just to sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.