Monday, January 3, 2011

I can't believe I made this!!

I truly honestly can't believe that I made this, from scratch, myself (ok so with my mum's guidance in what to do, but I did all of the actual work myself). A floral print skirt had been sitting on my projects list for so long, with me having so little idea of where to start, that I was thinking about taking it off the list altogether. .  but with my own sewing machine and 3 afternoons of muddling along. . .  



Some bits were far easier than I expected, like putting in the zip. Some far harder, like doing the hem. But on the whole I'm just quietly a little proud of myself for pulling it off first go. . mum said it easily beat her first attempt at such a thing, but I'm putting that more down to technological advancement than any skill I might have (zilch)!! 


I do love the finished product. It hangs so nicely and is so easy to dress up and down. Something I'll wear for many years to come I think! 
For anyone interested, the pattern is Simplicity 2906, from the "It's so easy" range. 

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

P.S posting may be at a minimum for the next week, as I'm off on a technology-less holiday, though I may do some scheduled posts before I leave

Summer Reading Update
Non-fiction read: 3 
Fiction read: 2
Currently reading: The Political Animal (non-fiction), Fire Along the Sky by Sara Donati (fiction). I really need to read something other than a historical fiction epic hehe. . .I only picked up the next in Sara Donati's series as I've put my mum onto it and shes threatening to overtake me.  

3 comments:

  1. Love the skirt, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt! The fabric is gorgeous. I recently finished making my first ever skirt that actually fits me too - it's pretty exciting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.