Monday, February 7, 2011

Bethlehem

This is a scheduled post as I am currently moving house and am without internet.

Just a quick stitch I spent a few nights on. It's for a good hometown friend who was recently baptised. Like myself, she comes from a non-religious background and found her faith on her own, which in my opinion made her choice to be baptised extremely special. I decided on this design as it's a simple reminder of where to find your guiding light.

I framed the piece myself, using an aperture card from my local stitching shop as a mount inside the frame. 

 'Nativity,' designed by Susan Perry, from D&C's Cross Stitch Greeting Cards
Stitched on 14 count white aida using suggested DMC thread 


Apologies for the photo quality, for some reason there was a lot of dust floating around that day! In retrospect I should have taken the photo before I framed the piece - it's amazing how much I'm learning about photography, something I really lack skill in, through blogging.

That's all for now,
*Sarah*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.