Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christchurch Quake

As many who read this blog know, I live in the city of Christchurch, NZ. On Tuesday the city was hit by a large and devastating earthquake. Although it was technically smaller than that of September 4th 2010, it struck at the worst time possible - in the middle of the working day. The death toll continues to rise and the city I love has been destroyed. 

I live in the south of the city, which was one of the better off areas. My father, who commutes to work in the city, fought for 3 hours to drive the 10km to pick myself and my flatmate up and drive to my hometown an hour out of the city. We will remain here for the current time. For the sake of personal privacy and  out of respect for more pressing stories, that is all I will say about my personal situation, but all of my friends and family are safe. 

More information and photos can be found at the TVNZ news site

The thoughts and prayers of those who have been in contact are much appreciated. As you can imagine, my blogging is likely to be disrupted for the current time.  

*Sarah*

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you, take care, Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking of all of you affected by the earthquake. I have friends in Christchurch and we've just heard that they're all safe. So glad to hear that you made it home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Sarah, and all of New Zealand as you deal with this terrible event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am relieved to hear you and your family and friends are okay. What a devastating time. I have been thinking about it all so much and it is weighing heavily on my heart. Am praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.