Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Creative Space: All prepped up and nowhere to go

One of my crafty New Years Resolutions was to complete a longstitch . .  I've never done one before and recieved two beautiful ones over the holiday period. I've read all the instructions, had a quick lesson from someone with far far more wisdom on the subject than I, and have done all the prep work.



But I'm going nowhere. Why? Because I turned down an offer to lend me an appropriate frame, knowing I have one of the right size. Which I do. . . it's just in my flat at university, not here. So I'm waiting patiently for Sunday, which is when I go back. 

Anyone got any tips on Longstitch for a first timer? 

You can see more creative spaces here!


That's all for now,
*Sarah*

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know what longstitch is, but I look forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! looks like a lot of work,
    =)
    Im sure it'll turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my first crafty project was a long stitch kit.I like that little design thats peeking through :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember doing these as a kid - and recently tried to start my 2 daughters on one each. A little bit too much for them - takes too long and they don't have enough patience yet (they are only 5 and 7)! I still have a large framed picture of a 'teddy bus' I did when I was a teenager! Have fun with yours and make sure you post pictures when you're done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.