Sunday, February 20, 2011

My First Longstitch

It's finished! I was planning on posting some more progress photos along the way, as it's the first longstitch I've ever done and many of those who commented on my original post had never seen one done before. . .but it just came along so quickly that it was finished by the time I got internet back after moving.

 'Summer Evening,' Seasons in Longstitch Evening Scenes Collection by Derwentwater Designs
Completed with provided materials 

I can admit I'm quite pleased with it. It's not really perfect and was very confusing in places! The design hadn't been printed quite straight on the fabric and it was sometimes hard to tell where to stitch. . . . but I did it and I can cross one of my goals for the year off the list!! 

It was so fast in comparison to cross stitch and other embroidery that I can really see the attraction, I'm sure I'll be doing a few more in future. This one I've backed with plain interfacing to protect the stitching. I would have framed it but it is going to a relative who is visiting from overseas, so will stay in this unadorned state for easy packing.


Have you ever done any long stitch or similar embroidery before? How did you find it?

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Sarah! Well done!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I've never tried this--looks very challenging. Came over from Round Tuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome Sarah ...well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.