Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back on Track with some Hopeful Knitting

As I'm sure all my readers can well imagine, it's been a bit of an up and down week. I had some photos taken of recent projects ready to show off but they're still on my camera in my flat in Christchurch. For the moment I'm at home - constant aftershocks are a bit tough on the nerves!! But knitting is a good nerve calmer, so I started something new a few nights ago. . .


Can you tell what it's going to be?? I felt like doing something small and my wool supplies are limited (I stole this from my mums wool scrap box), but also something hopeful and fun in the days after the quake.

Another plus is that the pattern required increasing . . . I've tried it once before on a knitting project that is still being held secret for the moment, but had to give in and let my mum do it in the end as I just couldn't wrap my head around it. This time I watched a video on youtube about 6 times in slow motion and eventually got it! 


I just love looking at the neat little slanted line and thinking I increased there! hehe. With increasing ticked off I can now say truly that I have mastered basic knitting. I can knit, purl, increase, decrease, cast on, cast off and change colours or balls of wool with confidence. Next step? I'd love to try a cable knit. . . 

That's all for now,
*Sarah*

1 comment:

  1. My imagination is running wild...can't wait to see it when it's finished.
    Congrats on mastering the basics...believe me cable isn't as hard as it sounds...you'll be surprised how easy it is and how quick you pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.