Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Random Musings & Interesting Finds: $30 mugs and Amazing Art

Welcome to my new semi-regular section of random musing and interestings finds. . . . which is basically a fancy way of saying I'm going to talk about whatever I feel like :P 

Today I'm going to share what I would totally buy if as a not-particularly-well-off student I could justify spending $30 on a coffee mug. . . although even if I wasn't a student, I still don't think I'd want to spend $30 on a coffee mug! But one can dream!


Isn't it just awesome? I love classic novels and Penguin books are just the classic classic novel cover hehe. I also love these ones. . . I think mostly because they're books that I love, though that may be a bit self explanatory





Speaking of books, I recently discovered the work of Brian Dettmer . . . . his work with old books just makes me go wow. He doesn't edit the books at all, just carves away parts of pages. Truly amazing! 


You can find out more about him and see more of his work here and here.


What book would you want on your coffee mug? And do you know of any other amazing artists with amazing materials? 


That's all for now,

*Sarah*
 

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that I have one of the penguin classics coffee mugs. I have the "pride and prejudice" one and it often gets comments at the office. I'm sure I didn't pay $30 for it though. Or did I? hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.