Monday, March 14, 2011

Some Luxury Sewing

I finally remembered to get pre-earthquake photos off my camera, so can finally show you the sewing I was doing just a day or two before! This heavy eyemask and neck pillow were soooooo easy to make (less than an hour of sewing) and turned out sooo well. They were for a friends 21st but I'm thinking I might have to make a set for myself, especially considering the whole lot cost less than $5 NZ.


Inspiration came from here and the pattern for the neck pillow from here. The eyemask was my own pattern, basically two rectangles of fabric with a band of elastic sewn in to go around the back of the head. Both are just one layer of satin type fabric filled with plain long grain rice that I mixed with a few drops of lavender fragrant oil and let dry (remember to stir often so rice doesn't clump). 


A quick project that's pretty, functional and oh so comfortable. Even better, someone who wants to put in more effort and has perhaps better sewing skills than I would find this one easy to dress up. 

That's all for now,

*Sarah* 

This post is linked up to My Creative Space and ARoundTuit 

1 comment:

  1. What a great 'comfort' pack! and all for under $5! Fabulous!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.