Friday, March 18, 2011

Some Small Stitches, My New Inspiration!

The other day I was just browsing some of my favourite stitching blogs and was struck by sudden inspiration. . . actually I'd describe it as a sudden need (do any of you get that sometimes? inspiration that makes you need to craft?) to do some small stitches using only one colour. So I put everything else aside, and did! It's been great. . . . I don't want to stop! Here's my first two small finishes

 'Petit Chat,' by Tralala Designs, Free Pattern available HERE (website in French)
Stitched on 14 count 'oatmeal' aida using DMC 4210


As you can see, I've also been playing with colour variation thread for the first time. I think I've been converted, but I am planning a few more smalls using just one plain colour. 

 'Spiralbre,' by La Forêt Des Croix Contées, Free Pattern available HERE (website in French)
Stitched on 14 count 'oatmeal' aida using DMC 4230

I've also been trying use free patterns, it makes the whole endeavour a bit more economical! (Cross stitch patterns can be so expensive!). I'd recommend this great database to anyone looking for good quality freebies.
As for the designers? I find myself swiftly falling for French cross stitch design at the moment . . . at the very least, navigating the websites is making me learn a few words that even my man doesn't know! He may be fluent, but like the average male engineer, doesn't use "point de croix" in everyday conversation. 

These are going to put away (once I've ironed them!) until the pile is built up a bit more, but I have a vision in my head for what's going to happen to them all. . . .

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

1 comment:

  1. Small projects can be great...they help get you back on track with bigger projects....well they do me. I really like petit chat, and have that on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.