Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cross Stitch Blues

Last night I finished another of the one colour smalls I've been fixated on lately. . . 

 "Jeune fille au Médaillon" by Corinne Leroy Créations, Free Pattern available HERE
Stitched on 14 count "oatmeal" aida using DMC 352

I have to admit this is the worst I've felt about a cross stitch for a long time and I'm so happy it's finished! I think that's partly because I've been trying to fend off the flu and concentrating on small stitching hasn't been helping. But this one just hasn't turned out like I wanted it too and even though it isn't blue I feel pretty blue about it! I was always dubious about the border and contemplated not stitching it. I wish I had gone with my gut. . . something about the spacing just doesn't look right. Oh well. Sometimes that's just the way it turns out. This one will be stored with the others until my plans for them can come to fruition!

I think it might be time for some knitting. It's getting cold here incredibly swiftly and I keep dreaming about cozy woolen creations. Or I could teach myself how to crochet. . . like I've been telling myself I'll do for a good six months now. Does anyone know of some good online tutorials? 

Hope you're all having a good day :)

That's all for now,

*Sarah*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.