Sunday, May 8, 2011

Beary Cute!

I've finished two sweet little knitted bears to head to Uganda at the end of the month. 


Aren't they sweet? I don't think I'm going to have time to outfit them properly, so they've each been giving a quick chain stitch crochet scarf. I think my shaping is a bit better than my last attempt, their faces aren't as flat and they have necks, especially the one on the left. I still dont like the proportion of the arms to the legs, so I think next time I use this pattern I'll either make the legs longer or arms shorter!

They may be joined by another one or two, we'll see how we go with time constraints. Like my last knitted bear, the pattern comes from this brilliant little book.

Now for a sneak peak at my crochet. I'm improving slowly, enough that I feel I can attempt a simple project rather than just small squares of nothingness. This is my test with scrap yarn, I was making sure I could do the basics of the pattern before I made a proper start!


Looks like I'm ready to go!

Linking up to A Round Tuit

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous teddies! I'm sure they'll be well loved! And your crocheting looks very professional to me!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, these are so precious. turned out very cute :)

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and the congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.