Monday, May 2, 2011

If this means I'm a granny then so be it. . .

I can crochet!! That's right, I can do it! I should have been sewing bits of teddy bear together but the hooks were there and the yarn was there and I couldn't resist giving it a go. I worked off the fantastic videos at Meet Me at Mikes and came up with . . .


I was actually shocked by how easy I found it in comparison to knitting, the rhythm of it just works somehow. So I worked up these three granny squares and a chain stitch headband (which I was going to show you but couldn't get a decent photo of) relatively quickly. My first granny square I had to do the first round three times before I got it into a vaguely recognisable shape, but apart from that it was all systems go. 

The only thing is. .  I don't know what I'm going to do with these granny squares hehe. A worthy waste of scrap yarn anyway I think. I want to try something harder but I haven't learnt single or double crochet yet, just chain and treble which the granny squares use. But I might give a rose a go later. 

Just goes to show you never know what you can achieve until you try :)

Linking up to A Round Tuit

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

3 comments:

  1. Yay for crochet! I learnt how to crochet EXACTLY the same way and it is lots of fun! I haven't mastered the art by any means, but i like it because it's a lot faster than knitting. There is something about the rhythm of it, isn't there? Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Sarah! Watch out though, crochet can get addictive, as I've recently discovered. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you learning something new! Those squares turned out great! and I'm sure you'll find a use for them!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.