Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just some thrifting

Lately I've been doing some thrifting. Or as we call it here, op-shopping. As I'm on a tight student budget, it's a great way to pick up new stash without breaking the bank. That being said, I was very disappointed with one store that had a giant bin of sewing supplies marked at prices more expensive then new! Anyways, I picked up . . .

These 3 vintage pillow cases for 80 cents each. I love the floral prints and already have plans for what's going to happen to some of them. I love how it's effectively a fat quaterish worth of fabric that I pay less than a dollar for. 

And a few pieces of clothing. . . not to take apart, for me to wear :)


This fitted faded denim jacket. By the looks of it it's designer label, very good quality at the very least. Cost me $3!


And this cozy wool jumper. It's one or two or three sizes to big for me, but paired with jeans and boots still looks cute. It's warm as anything as well, so I'm counting it as a win. Cost $4. 

After thrifting myself and the two friend I was with ducked into the mall. . . one of them was looking for a cocktail dress and hadn't found anything she liked in the op-shops. We went into a fannncccyyy store that I hardly ever go into. They have lovely clothes, just not lovely prices. I was flicking through a rack when I saw the most gorgeous dress!! I held it up to my friend but she passed it over. She had about 4 things to try on so I thought oh well, I'll try it on just for fun. It was beautiful, I didn't want to take it off. Looked at the price tag. . . it had been marked down to $15 from close to $100!! How could I walk out of the place without it? What a lovely end to the day.
(I would show you a photo but I couldn't get a decent one). 

Stay tuned for some teddy bear photos tomorrow.

That's all for now,

*Sarah*
 

1 comment:

  1. Great finds on the pillow cases!!Bargain!
    Mxooxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.