Saturday, May 28, 2011

Recovering


This week I got a book out from the University library. Not that special you say? But it really really is. I haven't been able to do that since September last year. Our university library, the hub of Canterbury University life, suffered major damage in the September earthquake. Although the outcome wasn't quite so severe in February, it still wasn't good. This week the first two floors (of thirteen) reopened, giving access to study space and the short term loan sections. 


So although this book may look pretty boring, for me it represents something bigger. We're recovering. Slowly but surely we're getting back on our feet.

Guess you can figure out what I'm up to at the moment. . . my life is pretty dominated by class work right now. It's not fun sometimes. . . but on the whole I love things like “Combat and Mobilization on the Western Front” just as much as I love craft. So that's ok.

I picked up the yarn this week for my next crochet project. I think I've caught the bug! Don't you just love the colour?

That's all for now,

*Sarah* 

I may be linking up to these link parties! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow kiwi..I found you in creative spaces.
    Its so good to hear that the mother country is healing..what an ordeal to go through.
    People are resilient. Another book about surviving is UNBROKEN by Laura Hillenbrand.
    Look forward to more crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO good to hear things are slowly getting back to normal!
    Happy studying and crafting in the moments between!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.