Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spun Sugar Scarf


I finished my first crochet project! It's a simple scarf


The pattern is by the Sugar Scarf by SmoothFox, you can find it here for free on Ravelry. I'm going to call it my Spun Sugar Scarf, because I feel like just plain 'sugar' doesn't quite do it justice. I didn't follow the pattern exactly, mainly because I didn't quite have enough yarn or the right sized hook. 

 

It's crocheted using Moda Vera Bamboo Cotton, which is a 70% Bamboo 30% Cotton blend. It has such a nice feel to it! I'm soo pleased with how it turned out (mostly because I managed to do it at all!) 

 

Here's a photo of me wearing it, just so you can see how it kinda looks on someone. 

 

I think I'll be using this pattern again. It was really easy and even though it might not seem like it to you, because I posted my tester hexagon weeks ago, in terms of actual crafty time it worked up extremely quickly. They'd make great gifts!

Have a great day folks! I may be linking up to these link parties

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

Oh, did anyone else have great fun going through the Sew Mama Sew giveaways, I know I did!

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely scarf! The bamboo wool sounds interesting!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! That bamboo/cotton yarn sounds interesting. I have a friend who is allergic to wool - this stuff would be a great alternative to wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute scarf!

    And cute blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its gorgeous - definately would make brilliant gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely - the yarn looks perfect for the pattern and it's a great length. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colour! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for first crochet projects! :) So are you "hooked" on crochet? I did something simmilar a while ago but used a flower pattern. I actually have another on the hooks right now, but something else has been occupying my time ;)
    I think it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely! Happy hooking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous! love the design.

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! Hope to see ya again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super! I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable...i love this...and i love grey!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so lovely, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.