Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stitchy Progress

Here's how I'm going on my current WIP, the Victoria and Albert Collection Vase Mini Cushion


I am loving this one, even though I keep mucking up the pattern and having to unpick hideous amounts. I think my brain is trying to tell me I'm too tired for cross stitch at the moment, but I won't listen. I swear it's the most I've ever had to unpick on one piece before by far. Good thing the kit had plenty of extra cotton. But the photo truly doesn't show just how stunning it's turning out when I get it right!! 

Today I've been relaxing. . . reading, grocery shopping, baking and enjoying the sunshine before going back to essays tomorrow. This is by far the hardest semester of university I've had. Crafting (and my friends, my man and my God) are keeping me sane! Getting a bit of sun into the system is one of the best ways to make it all better, especially when your flatmate comes home with a pocket full of feijoas. That's a little-known-outside-of-NZ but very yummy fruit.

I started the evening with home baked oatcakes, cheese and episodes of QI . . . a good day!


That's all for now,

*Sarah*

1 comment:

  1. Oh lucky you with the feijoas! We've planted 2 feijoa trees in our garden but they seem quite slow growing!!!

    Just wanted to let you know that I featured your knitted bears on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 49
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.