My knitting needles have been loose in my big crafting bin for a while now and as the number of them increases the more annoying it was getting. You might have noticed a knitting needle case crop up on my "projects on my mind" list ----->
The fabric is from some of the vintage pillow cases I thrifted recently, the zip I picked up from my local sewing supplies shop for $2.70. Total cost about $3.10, can't argue with that! I used a pattern from Cath Kidston's "Sew", but it's pretty much just rectangles (plus a few extras) and took me less than two hours start to finish.
Here you can see the lovely lining. I was massively happy with how it turned out, especially with how easily I got back into using the sewing machine after not touching it in a few months. I think teaching myself to crochet has made my "right, I can do this" confidence grow quite a bit.
If I was going to do it again I think I'd make it just a bit shorter. It's long enough to take even my longest of needles with almost 10cm to spare. But I'm happy. I love the fabric, I love how much it cost to make, I love how I'm re-using, I love how perfectly the zip is sewn in and that I did it myself. And I love that I won't have to take everything out of my massive craft bin anymore to find a pair of needles!
That's all for now,
Linking up to:
and Our Creative Spaces