Friday, June 24, 2011

Finished and Done


I'm finally finished for the semester! I submitted my last take home exam (due to the quake) this morning. Phew, it's a relief to have that over with. Bring on the holidays, even if it is only two weeks.

Last night when I was having a break I also made a stitchy finish, the V&A cross stitch I've been working on. It's been nice having two stitchy works in progress. This one had so many half stitches, which are awful to do on 14 count. Whenever I got sick of them I switched to the other WIP for a while!

 'Vase Mini Cushion' by the Victoria and Albert Museum Collection for DMC
Stitched with threads and aida provided in kit

I love how it's turned out. It was worth all the unpicking, I think the most I've ever had to do for any stitch. When I took it out of the hoop and laid it out I was immediately struck with inspiration for finishing it too, so watch this space.


 
In other nice news I seem to be having a lucky streak at the moment, because I won another blog giveaway! This one was hosted by Amber at What to Make Next. I actually think the yarn is some of the most gorgeous I've ever owned, I love the feel of it. 


The yarn is to complete this lovely pattern. I'll have to find a wee girl in the right age group to knit it for first though! A worthy addition to the stash for now. Thank you Amber!

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

Find me linking up here

 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, your cross stitch is really nice! And I know what you mean about half stitches, they're extremely annoying!

    And congrats on winning a blog giveaway :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your latest stitchy finish, it looks fab. I've finished term too, bring on the summer! Well done on winning the giveaway, I can't wait to see what you make with it :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your latest stitch, well done on persevering :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your yarn win, what a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning - it's beautiful yarn!! Your cross stitch is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats both on winning and on finishing an annoying WIP! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you have to do your exam at home? At least life is carrying on with some sort of normality after the quake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing with the semester at school! I always loved that feeling of total relief. The cross stitch you finished is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing up with this semester and on your win. And your cross stitch looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats at finishing the semester sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That yarn and sweater pattern are a match made in heaven! So sweet.

    And I adore the cross stitch, I love that the top and bottom floral borders are asymmetrical! I can't wait to see what your finishing-inspiration is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, cross stitching! Yours turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing the semester! Your cross stitch in very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable top, I hadn't seen that before. And lucky you for winning some yarn, I haven't won any in probably a year, though I haven't been trying either! LOL The stitching looks wonderful. I did some cross stitching as a kid, but I always preferred straight embroidery, I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.