Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Study Break Bread Rolls


Crafting has really taken a back seat this week, as it's the last week of the semester I have far to many assignments due! But I get a week free before exams, so bring on Friday.

I did find some time yesterday to make some bread rolls. Bread is my thing of the moment I think, I've never really baked bread from scratch before, but it's like I've discovered yeast and woosh I'm away! The great thing about it is the rising, it means I can do one step, go away and work on an essay for 2 hours, then do the next step in my next break.

I used this recipe on the Jamie Oliver Forums, with the substitution of half a cup of wholemeal flour to add a bit of texture and colour. 

 
I may have left them in the oven just 3 minutes too long, they're a bit brown on the top. But still tasty! And just the smell makes the whole thing worth it.

Back to real craft sometime next week, I promise.

That's all for now,

*Sarah*

Linking up to some of these great parties!

5 comments:

  1. You're right - there's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked bread!

    Thanks for linking to my Wednesday blog hop!! Hope you'll come back again next week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... they looks so delicious!! I can just smell them now! Make me want to do some baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm..freshly baked home made bread is the best! Must put this onto my to-do list for the weekend - will be perfect with pumpkin soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think baking bread is a artisan craft. I'm not that great at bread from scratch - I miss my breadmaker :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.