Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cabling the Day Away


I haven't been really. . . cabling the day away I mean. I've been spending my holiday so far enjoying quality time with the man and catching up with our respective families. I thought I'd show you a few bits and pieces though.

This was a “just because” present from my man, a new Textile Heritage of Scotland bookmark kit. I love Textile Heritage designs and their bookmarks are great as quick present projects, you can see previous ones I've done here and here

 

I've been keeping my mint plant alive for 4 months in this tiny little pot! Today I finally managed to repot it, it's looking much happier already. 


While I was finding a nice spot in the sun for it to settle into I couldn't resist snapping a shot of the snowy mountains you can just glimpse from the end of my parents driveway. A fresh wintery NZ day definitely has its own beauty. 

 

Finally we have the cables, my current work in progress. It might not look very impressive, but these knit cables are my first ever! It's nice to learn a new technique, though I need to do some serious knitting this week if I'm going to get the scarf finished and blocked in time for the occasion it's a gift for! 

 


That's all for now,

*Sarah*

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, are you free this Thursday for a bloggy meet up????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowy mountain picture! Well done on keeping your mint alive! (mine died a while ago when I forgot to water it for a few weeks ooopppss!!) Good work on the knitting too! How have you found the time??

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.