Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Snow! and Awards and Bits and Pieces


This post is going to be a bit all over the place, so hang on! First of all I thought I'd show you a few pics of the snow we've had this week. It isn't a lot, but for the middle of a coastal city it's quite novel! The most Christchurch has had in 15 years. There's a good saying going around on Facebook . . . “Christchurch is like a snowglobe, shake it enough and it will snow!”

Here's my poor car (after the initial thaw, so not as much snow as there was) and one of our rose bushes looking surprisingly pretty still. 

 

What else is going on? Well the lovely Bekca at The Stitching Lion awarded me a stylish blogger award! This is my first blog award so I was pretty excited, thank you Bekca! You should check out her blog, it's one of my favourites. 

 
Here's the rules:

  1. Thank the person who has awarded you.
  2. List seven things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award to 15 other stylish bloggers.

Seven things about me!

  1. My fiance and I get to have two weddings! Being a long distance couple for a long time, we have plenty of friends and family in both Europe and NZ. The solution – have a ceremony in both.
  2. I have 4 months to go of my undergraduate degree. I'll graduate with a triple in Anthropology, Sociology and History.
  3. I can ride a unicyle! It's something I've wanted to do all my life and I finally got the chance to learn 3 years ago.
  4. I'm out of space in my bookcase (it's a small one, as I have a very small room in my university flat) and I really don't know what I'm going to do, because I can't bear to double stack them or get rid of any
  5. I have one younger brother, who currently works on a farm in the UK. Soon I'll get two sisters-in-law as well!
  6. I want to, and plan to, live in Europe someday soon. I love France and the UK and can't wait to go back. If nothing else, I miss that the French have a whole supermarket aisle for cheese!
  7. I just joined pinterest! I've seen lots of other bloggers signing up lately and I felt like I needed a place to collate my wedding inspiration photos :) If you're on pinterest too then look me up, you can find me here


Other Stylish Bloggers!

  1. Becs at CraftyOldMaid. This is a very new blog, by a friend very dear to my heart, check it out!
  2. Ady at CraftyAdy
  3. Natalia Lynn at Ma Nouvelle Mode
  4. Abbie at Virtual Stitch. Another new one I've got my eye on!
I'm going to stop at 7. I know plenty more stylish bloggers but I know many of them have had this award before, many recently. So I thought I'd keep it for my favourites and some newbies. 

Finally I just wanted to mention some awesome giveaways you should all enter! 

Gabi at Lady of the Floss is having a blogoversary giveaway of a $100 gift voucher to Anita's Little Stitches, how generous is that! You should really check it out, thank you Gabi. 

And Jennifer at Feathers in the Nest is giving away this lovely pair of Gingher scissors and one of her own sampler patterns. These scissors are the best of the best, so you should definitely pop over and have a look.  



That's all for now, thanks for slogging through!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award, Sarah. :)
    Thanks for sharing about yourself too. The unicycle huh? I gave that a go some years ago but never got the hang of it - my distinct lack of co-ordination and rubbish balance probably didn't help. Stay warm! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! Can't imagine why you'd want to live in the UK, we don't get snow like that and it just rains all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome Sarah, thank you for being so sweet about my blog. And thank you also for the lovely comment you left on my last post, it was very much appreciated.
    Two weddings? I can't wait to see plenty of pictures then! :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite a bit of snow. Since we're living in Australia I only admire snow on pictures. Oh no...that's not correct. We were this summer in NZ and I went on a glacier and found some snow in the mountains too. I fell totally in love with that Kiwi country of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for calling me a stylish blogger!! So nice of you!!
    Love all those snowy pictures!
    And your needlebook is gorgeous! One of those is on my to do list!!

    Thanks for linking to the Creating Success Worldwide blog hop!! Hope you'll come back again next week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.