Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Calm Waters Update


Told you I'd give you an update on Calm Waters, my current big work in progress by John Clayton. 

 
You can't really see much yet, because I've just put mountains and sky in so far. But I'm loving the way all the colours come together, they work so wonderfully and I can't wait to see the finished piece. 

 
What else is going on here? Wedding stuff! Our save the dates for the first ceremony went out this week (more on that later) and the kitchen table is covered in paperwork for the ceremony and my wedding visa application. Most of the time it's exciting, but sometimes just tiring and nervewracking! Wedding costs also mean that my budget is getting tighter and tighter. Time to get even more creative with finding the materials for my crafty life. I'm thinking about trying some Amigurumi. . . I've been meaning to try it for a while, it doesn't use much yarn and will extend my crochet skills! What do you guys think? Does anyone know of some good beginners patterns?

That's all for now, find me linking up here

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. It's looking wonderful already. Clayton has a fantastic way with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool! I bet your wedding is going to be awesome :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a beautiful design, the colours look amazing. I'm sure the wedding will be a great success! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.