Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Dragonfly Cushion


Told you I was working on something crafty in the background . . . one tiny bit at a time. Seriously, I was sewing maybe a line per night until last night, where I found half an hour spare to finish it off. It's a birthday present for my fiance's grandmother, so I'm glad I finished it before Saturday!


 
It's an envelope back cushion cover, with a cross stitch front in a popular pin pillow style. So it counts as another cross stitch finishing technique! 

 
I love the dragonfly print fabric, so unique and at 40% off too. I matched it to the colours in a recently finished cross stitch and paired it with a couple of wooden buttons at the back.


The buttonholes gave me some grief, but I got there eventually. 

 
I'm loving the sewing machine at the moment and have the urge to do some crochet. But there's unfinished knitting and stitching calling my name. . . what to do, what to do?!

You can find me at the usual parties :)

That's all for now,

Sarah

15 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pillow. Love the stitching, the sewing, and the fabric. Love it all...lol. The grandmother of your fiance will be delighted

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful gift, I'm sure your fiance's grandmother will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic & I'm sure she'll adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks lovely! i'm sure your soon to be grandmother-in-law will love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabric, and the stitching is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do a bit of crochet since you just did stitching, but only for half the week so you can zip the lips of the calling stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dragon material is absolutely stunning. I love the cross stitch that you put in the middle of the cushion cover, it looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pillow looks fab. I'm in love with both the fabric and your cross stitch. Your Fiancées grandmother is going to be a very happy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What to do? How about a little of everything!

    That pillow is absolutely gorgeous, and what a lot of careful work and attention must have gone into it. I'm sure the recipient will be gobsmacked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Start something new! That's what you do. Love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is lovely. The cross-stitch is so neat and elegant and the colours are wonderful, and I love the fabric and buttons you paired it with, too. I'd love to have this on my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pillow and the interesting way you finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I don't sew but I do cross-stitching -- only small projects at the moment. Lots of crocheting, too. Always nice to be able to switch it up and work between crafts. Happy birthday to your grandmother-in-law to be. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly lovely. What a great gift. She won't want to use it just look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.