Monday, August 22, 2011

Recovering


Some of you may have noticed my sudden disappearance from blogland. It happens. . . trying to balance uni work with planning two weddings and life in general doesn't always work out. Craftyness got pushed aside. I got worn down. . . which means I got sick. Thankfully it's now holidays and although there's still uni work to do I can take a step back from it all. This weekend has been about recovery. . . baking bread in a giant, well stocked kitchen. 

 
Loving the chewy crust on the finished product. This is just a simple baker's white loaf from Allyson Gofton's 'Bake' (one of my favourite cookbooks). 

 
Enjoying a gifted copy of Cross Stitcher. I love British cross stitch magazines, but rarely get them. They're just so expensive here! They vary from about twice to five times what they would cost in the UK and are 2-3 months out of date by the time they get here. This one was picked up for me yesterday and is 2 months out of date. 

 
But still full of inspiration. I haven't picked up my stitching for most of the week, but the kit for this wee fox was included with the mag. I started stitching it almost straight away and finished within a few hours. It was nice to do something small, to see the character coming together quickly. 

 'Felt-framed fox,' by Lucie Heaton. Cross Stitcher Issue 240.
Completed using materials supplied in kit.

I've got some vague plans for him and orders by a couple of others to stitch him for them. Hope all of you in Christchurch are enjoying the sun!

You can find me linking up here

That's all for now,

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. What a cute little fox! I can't believe you just whipped him up in a few hours!
    Hope all the wedding plans are going well!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bread looks amazing. Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread. Thanks so much for linking up!

    I also love magazines - your little fox is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling much better. The fox is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a cute little fox! Your bread looks delicious and I am sure it smelled as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling much better now Sarah. Don't you just love the smell of freshly baked bread? There's nothing like it. The fox is adorable, can't wait to see how you finish it. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - I've just popped over from A Spoonful of Sugar Designs. Your bread looks wonderful. I, too, love the smell of freshly baked bread. And I'm really impressed with the 2 weddings, uni, a cute fox and freshly baked bread. Now - that's a "wow"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mnnn...fresh bread!! hope you're much recovered by now. love the little fox!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.