Saturday, August 27, 2011

Weekend Baking: Ginger Slice


This was one of those recipes where you get half way through and go 'woaaaaaahhhh that's A LOT of butter.' Heart-attack inducing goodness. But good it was, absolutely packed full of ginger and more cakey then slicey in the end. 

 
As usual the recipe was from Allyson Gofton's Bake. I really do love this book, although Alison Thompson's Bake is also on the wishlist. It seems good baking books have to be written by someone called Allison (or some variation thereof). 

 
Stay tuned in the next few days for a long awaited update on the Calm Waters stitch.

That's all for now, you can find me linking up here!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I do like ginger cake, but gingerbread biscuits are my fave. This looks so yummy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that looks delicious! Ginger is such a lovely flavour for baked goods.

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.