Thursday, September 1, 2011

Introducing Project 0


I'm embarking on a new project. I mentioned in my last post that with wedding costs my crafting budget is getting tighter. It wasn't very big in the first place, but it's one of those things that often goes under the header un-essential costs. I craft for pleasure, not out of necessity.


Don't get me wrong, I do work part time and I'm not a poverty line student, but with all the extra costs associated with the wedding and the travel involved, there is some hefty budgeting going on. The solution? My new project. Project 0, in which I endeavour to continue my crafty life without spending money on it. I hope that you'll join me and follow my progress! 

 Image Source: here

The rules:
  • I can't spend money on craft or crafting related supplies until I get married on 29th December 2011
  • I can accept gifts, but cannot ask for them. In other words I can't beg fiancé to 'just buy me this one scrap of material,' but if fiancé asks something like 'Christmas is coming up, what would you like' then I'm allowed to ask for crafting related stuff.
  • I can of course use all existing supplies I have in my stash/other things that I can get hold of at no cost.
  • THE EXCEPTIONS: Legitimate wedding related craft that is going to save us money if we do it ourselves. Legitimate Christmas gifts that cannot possibly be made from what I have in my stash according to someone other than myself (fiancé, you guys!). The Just Cross Stitch 2011 Ornament issue, which I already have on pre-order for its release later this month.
  • Baking is also a partial exception, as it's often a cost-saver in itself. BUT I will be cutting out fancy ingredients that I wouldn't normally have in the cupboard. 

From now until the end of the challenge all my finished craft posts will have a cost breakdown, so you can see that I'm sticking to the rules. You'll find me linking up this post and all my Project 0 projects here

Wish me luck!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I can't believe you're still crafting with the wedding so close. In the run up to my wedding, I was so busy that the only crafting I did was for the wedding itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I so need to do this as well, I have far too much crafting stuff!
    I am passing you the versatile blogger award thingy today, details at my place!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a good idea to help you use up what's on hand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.