Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Some Simple Butterflies


I told you I wanted to try out some amigurumi . . . I was hunting on Ravelry for patterns and got distracted by these simple butterflies and decided to try them out. I don't think they really count as amigurumi, but it's a good start!

 
I can't think of a use for them yet, but I'm sure they'll come in handy. I wish I knew some very little girls, because with a few more they'd be an excellent mobile. If nothing else, it's good crochet practice, although I didn't learn any new stitches. 

 

Of course, this was a Project 0 project (read more about my crafting for no cost journey here). The pattern was free on Ravelry. I used scrap yarn from my mum's stash. . . I mean really scrap yarn, this is what the blue looked like before I used it . .

 
and the crochet hook was mine, so total cost was the aimed for 0!! Got to love it.

That's all for now,

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Can't wait to see more of your adventures with amigurumi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These are lovely! I just used some of these babies on a wreath, and some gals have emailed me on how to make them. (I didn't have to make them, as I repurposed another project and used the Ready-Made butterflies!) May I feature your tutorial on a follow-up post on my blog? http://www.sugar-and-spice-and-everything-nice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely, they would make gorgeous brooches or hair slides!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.