Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekend Baking: Honey and Almond Brownie


So I wasn't going to do any weekend baking this weekend . . . but then I saw the post over at A Spoon Full of Sugar and couldn't resist trying out the honey and almond bars, although I'd call them more like brownies. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery! 

 
They were pretty awesome, though I wouldn't recommend them unless you really are a honey fan! A recipe to be written into my recipe book with utmost care I think. By the way, for all you bakers out there, I just found this amazing conversions page. I especially love the cup to metric and imperial conversions table.

 
This is my first Project 0 project. Cost breakdown: As I'm currently on holiday and staying with my parents, all the everyday ingredients were from their cupboard and I managed to throw the almonds into mum's shopping trolley. So free, even if cheekily so :) A successful first project – feel free to follow me on my crafting for no cost journey.

I'll be linking up in the usual places.

That's all for now,

Sarah

P.S We just received this stunning cookbook as an engagement present. I can't wait to try it out, especially the microwave mozzarella

4 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I'm crazy for honey, as is my boyfriend so I might have to give these a whirl. Hope you've having a lovely weekend, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the recipe!

    Your Project 0 project sounds fascinating - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, you've made me soo hungry!! best of success with Project 0!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.