Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Calm Waters in Progress


This is pretty much all I've been working on at the moment, my stitching time has been pretty limited (sad I know). But I'm making pretty good progress, I'm close to half way now! For those of you who are new, this is John Clayton's Calm Waters. I'm trying to finish it before fiance and I get married on December 29th

 
I've been busy clearing out my room at my parents. They've decided to turn it into a guest room. It's probably about time considering I moved out three years ago!! It's been both fun and sad going through everything and deciding what gets thrown out, what goes into the attic and what moves on with me into married life. I found this wee stitched piece today – I was so happy to find it! I must have stitched it about 7-8 years ago and it was originally a fridge magnet. The magnet had broken and I thought mum had thrown it out, it was nice to find that I must have squirreled it away! 

 
It was the only piece of my stitching I didn't have a photo of, until now! I also found a pretty stitched bookmark of acorns and oak leaves. I didn't stitch it myself and I don't even remember receiving it. I think my grandmother must have done it and given it to me at some stage – cross stitch wasn't really her thing, but she did some occasionally.

Happy Stitching everyone

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Your little flower magnet is too cute.
    Good luck cleaning out your old room.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on Calm Waters. Your flower magnet is lovely - my mum still has the first thing I stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous treasure to have found! You're doing great on Calm Waters, I'm sure you'll have it finished by the deadline. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the first thing I stitched too - I think it is packed away somewhere :) You have some exciting times ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratualations and best wishes for the 29TH,

    Where in South Wales are you getting married as I am from S Wales although live in Essex England now.
    I read back on your blog!!
    Happy Stitching and hope you are able to make good progress on your Calm Waters.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah! So nice to meet you and congrats on your upcoming nuptials. :D

    Love the colors of your John Clayton, and your first piece is so cute. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.