Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A small stitchy finish


Just a small finish to show you today, the Christmas ornament that will hopefully start a tradition for myself and Ben's married life together. I still have to make it up, but will get onto that soon. I want to have it all finished quickly, because I won't really have access to a sewing machine from the start of November. 

 Bonhomme De Neige 2011, by Gazette94, free pattern found here (website in French).
Stitched on 28ct Zweigart Antique White, using recommended DMC threads.

Ben and I decided this would be an exception to my not-spending-money-on-crafts escapade, so that I could buy a few thread colours I didn't have. But it was still pretty thrifty because the evenweave was from my stash, as were just under half the threads. The pattern was a freebie.

Just want to say hi to all my new followers – I can't believe I'm up to 45! When I hit 50 I might have to think about putting together a small giveaway to say thank you. If you're new here and not up on all the exciting happenings, I finish university for good in a week and a half! A couple of weeks after that I'm heading to France to rejoin my wonderful fiance Ben. We're getting married in the UK in December. Look out for a fuller update soon as Kiwi Gets Crafty goes global!

That's all for now,

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I love the snowman, I am off to find the pattern :)
    I look forward to reading posts when you go global!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous finish and lovely idea for a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind if I copy this tradition for me and my boyfriend? I think it's a wonderful idea. Your finish looks great and I look forward to hearing about your global posts! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.