Sunday, October 9, 2011

Tidying up the place


So this week I suddenly got incredibly frustrated by having all my DMC threads loose in a snaplock bag. I've never had that many before, but over the last year or so the number has been steadily increasing. Which means they get tangled. Ugh. 

 
The solution? Bobbins. Every self-respecting stitcher uses them (apart from me up until now, obviously). You can buy them pretty cheaply from craft stores, but considering all they really are is a tab of cardboard I figured I could make my own. I went pattern hunting online because I didn't trust myself to draw the right shape freehand. And as it happens I found these cuties! Which immediately got pinned to my Pinterest before I gathered supplies.

 
Doesn't that look so much better? All it took was an hour or so of cutting and pasting. Anyone else would probably do it faster, but unfortunately for me a comment my kindergarten teacher wrote in my report when I was 3 still holds true: “Sarah struggles to master scissors.” Still, it was an easy project with supplies I had at home and I feel all organised and fuzzy now :) Just need to find a couple of old keychains so I can get them out of the snaplock bag.

In other news I forgot to tell you that my JCS Christmas edition arrived! I'm finding the recipes as tempting as the stitching, but here is my must stitch list: 


  • Noel Stamp Ornament, Jeanette Douglas Designs
  • Yuletide, Plum Street Samplers
  • Twinkle, Courtney Collection (want to stitch right now!)
  • Peace, Keepsake Stitches
  • Merry Christmas, Country Cottage Needleworks

Though I'm also loving a lot of other designs in there! To much choice! 

I'm liking this post up to:




That's all for now, 

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Well done on getting your threads organised. I've still got a few to do, when the mood takes me. There are some lovely ornaments in the JCS magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well done on getting organised with your threads! And that Christmas magazine looks like it's got lots of inspiration in it!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting organised, I keep my floss bobbins in a plastic storage box with different sized compartments. That way, they stay straight and clean. Enjoy your JCS mag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this for all my thread. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I really need to organize my threads too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I organised all my threads a while back it is so rewarding isn't it to see them all nice and neat and pretty well done on making your own too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.