Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Stitching + Busy in France


My last week has been a strange mixture of travel, illness, a ball and settling into the alpine French town that will be my home for the next four months! I really love this country, even if my grasp of the language only extends as far as 'Salut, ca va?' (Hi, how are you?). At the moment I'm taking an hour or two of French lesson a day, hopefully it will sink in.

Among it all Calm Waters has been sidelined for a bit to do some Christmas stitching which I can only give you a small peek of right now. The aida really isn't my favourite thing in the world, but a compact ready-brought kit was far easier to travel with than anything else. 

 
I can't resist sharing the current view from my window with you. I love the buildings here. And yes that is a mid-winter sky, a benefit of living in the Alps (unfortunately it also means that the weather could turn at any second and we'll be down to -15). 

 
Happy thanksgiving for those of you stateside, and happy stitching everyone else!

That's all for now,

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Great sneak peak. Lovely view from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. France is a beautiful country, I am sure the language will fall in to place! Hope the wedding preps are going well!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What city are you in exactly? We are probably really close now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog!! What I would give for a view like that. *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.