Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hello from Wales!


So I'm safely in the UK after almost two days in the air and half a week to recover from jetlag. It's nice to be able to relax, I've been making plenty of progress on Calm Waters. Earlier in the week I managed to get out and explore the small Welsh town I'm staying in at the moment and see some of the shops. Man I wish New Zealand had WH Smiths! (seriously, books are so much cheaper in the UK). I thought I'd show you just how pretty the town is. These photos aren't taken by me, because the day I explored was a bit grey and not the best photo taking weather. 

In the town centre. Oh I love the old buildings and narrow streets, you just don't get that in New Zealand. Img source.



That castle on the left is where our wedding reception is going to be. Yes, in a castle! Isn't that cool? Img source.

As far as craftyness goes I can finally show off my attempt at bath salt making. I made this batch agggeeesss ago now, but couldn't show you because it was a little gift for someone special.


I used the tutorial here. This batch was Lily and Jasmine scented and smelled lovely. It was so easy to make and even the more unusual ingredients were easy to find (I got plain epsom salts from the local bulk food store, and glycerin from the chemist) – I would totally recommend it for a sweet last minute Christmas gift.

That's all for now, hope everyone's having a great week!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've made it safe and sound in Wales, and to hear that you've been finding plenty of stitching time. I like long streets with mysterious shops too, that's why I like Winchester! Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics are gorgeous and your bath salt looks good enough to eat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you arrived safely. Your bath salts look great. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo Hoo!! Sounds like you're having fun in Wales! Ah I miss WH Smiths! Yes would be good if you could send them down under for us!
    Wedding reception in a castle - definitely very cool!

    and well done on those bath salts! They're certainly very bright!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place to visit! Fun pics!

    Oh bath salts sound like a lovely gift to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.