Monday, December 19, 2011

IHSW and Calm Waters Update!


This is my first ever International Hermit and Stitch Weekend! If you're visiting from there, then hi! I'm Sarah. I'm an early twenties stitcher from Christchurch, New Zealand although I'm currently country hopping between the UK, France and NZ on a fairly regular basis. I've been stitching since I was 8 years old and don't think I'll ever stop! Please feel free to leave a comment and say hi, I'm looking forward to visiting you all back. 
 





Some of you will know that I'm currently stitching furiously on Calm Waters by John Clayton to try and get it finished before the 29th of December, which just so happens to be my wedding day! It is a wedding present for hubby-to-be and myself. There isn't too much to go now, so I thought it was time for an update.

Unfortunately in terms of hermiting and stitching this weekend has been an utter failure! No fault of mine though. . . a simple hour and a half flight from France to the UK on Saturday morning turned into a 20 trip through France and Switzerland to catch a flight from Geneva after French airport staff went on strike. There was no stitching on Saturday at all, and only a little on Sunday! But I did manage to finish off one of the sand colours, put some branches into the tree and start on another sand colour. Any progress is good progress! 

 

I'm so close to finishing now that I don't want to give it all away, so I'm just showing you a few sneak peaks.

That's all for now, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. May you be blessed over this holiday season!


Sarah

7 comments:

  1. i hope that your next trip will go better and quicker.
    I really like the colors in the sneak peaks and hope to see more soon.

    Happy Holiday's and happy stitching.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any little bit of stitching counts, so HURRAH for your first (of many, I hope) IHSW!

    Sorry you had such an awful trip. :( Can't wait to see the finished piece. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had an awful trip. Your stitching looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your progress is great! I didn't get much done either...never feel bad about it though!! Sorry to hear about your trip :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from a fellow IHSW. I was just glancing through the blogs on the December roll call. Your stitching looks great. Sorry you didn't get as much as you would have wished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi From mexico :D!!
    NZ is so far omg !! xD
    the progress is nice

    merry chritsmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah!

    I'm a Christchurch girl too - well, Kaiapoi actually. Now a resident of Sydney, Australia.

    Welcome to the fun of the IHSW - some months I got heaps done, others I didn't even touch my needle, even though I'd planned to stitch the weekend away.

    All the best for the 29th. Merry Christmas :D

    Kirstin
    www.addictedtostitchin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.