Monday, January 16, 2012

First Finish of 2012, a new start and Paris!


Not much stitching going on here lately, as my parents landed for a week with us here in France, which meant a two day trip to Lyon, one night at home and then a 3 day trip to Paris (leaving poor DH behind for that one!). I did manage to get my first finish for 2012 out of the way though! 

Santa Close-Up, DMC Christmas Mini Kit
Completed with materials provided in kit

Good thing I had some white DMC on hand to finish off with, although when I emailed DMC to mention that there hadn't been enough in the kit they offered to send me some replacement, which is nice!

I wanted to get started on CCN's April Showers, which I've been wanting to do FOR MONTHS, but was holding off on until I finished Calm Waters. I finally get it out, all excited and oops. . . the piece of fabric that I had packed to stitch it on wasn't big enough. So it had to go back into the bag and will have to wait a little longer :( Unfortunately our budget doesn't really stretch to stashy purchases right now, though it is my birthday on Saturday . . . hmmm!

Fortunately just after Christmas I was passed a Bothy Threads kit by my dear MIL that she had received over the holidays, as she felt she already had too much on the WIP/to-stitch list. It's Love Cats 1 and quite a sweet picture! Only just to small for Becky's BAP challenge!


I knew almost as soon as I saw it who it would go to when it was finished and as it's her birthday in February, I guess now is as good a time as any to get started on it. I'll show off my progress after IHSW this weekend.

I'll finish up by showing you some of my pictures from Paris. It was beautiful, but a little surreal because you're so used to seeing it in movies that it feels like you're in one! 

The Eiffel Tower, of course
 
Invalides, where Napolean in buried
The Arc de Triomph
Shakespeare and Company Bookshop, I've been wanting to visit this place  almost my whole life!

(Wedding photos are still coming friends, probably in my next post). Oh and I must mention, when I came back from Paris I had a lovely card in the mail with some thread from Bekca at the Stitching Lion. Thank you Bekca! It was a lovely surprise and the first mail I've recieved of my own here in France

That's all for now,

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Santa is very sweet.. Well done for the finish..
    Your new Stitchy project is super cute.. I love cats so much:)
    Paris is beautiful..thank you for sharing the picture of it..
    LOve cucki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish. Good luck with the cat piece. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of Paris. Look forward to seeing your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm honoured my card was the first mail you've had in France :) At least, I think it was me, my name is Bekca doncha know?! :P
    I cannot wait to see wedding photos! And I look forward to seeing stitchy pictures throughout the year.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa is too cute, Sarah :)
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Santa is so cute!

    Lovely photos of Paris. Looking forward to seeing your wedding photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish. :D

    Your pics of Paris are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet little small for the start of 2012.. and pics of Paris brought back some lovely memories.
    Chris xx
    PS Hope you enjoyed your birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, never been to Paris..looks amazing. Congrats on the finish...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed viewing your pictures and reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.