Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My late IHSW!




I was planning on doing this post yesterday, but unfortunately life stepped up and got in the way! It's still doing so today really, so you will have to forgive the hideous photography of my unironed pieces with hoop marks all over them . . . . yes I know, I'm commiting a cross-stitchers crime by using a hoop that's way to small for the piece. . . I'm still living out of a suitcase, so my 5 inch hoop is the only stretching object in my possession that's not currently 12000 miles away :D 

Anyway, I actually managed to get quite a lot of stitching done over the weekend! Here's my before and after shots on Bothy Threads Love Cats 1. I'm actually really enjoying this piece. The bright colour upon bright colour isn't really my thing, but the small blocks means lots of variety in stitching, so I'm not getting bored! 

Before
 
After

Over the weekend it was also my birthday and I got to enjoy a nice quiet day with the DH. We've both been really busy lately, so it was good to relax! Don't you just love my birthday cakes from the French bakery? 

 
DH also let me put in a wee order with 123 stitch, which I will show off when it arrives! (hopefully soon!)

Thank you all SO MUCH for all the lovely comments on my last post, it means so much to me. I've been enjoying going around all your! TUSAL's and IHSW's!

Much stitchy love,

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You really did get a lot done, its looking good and now I want cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great progress,,I love your stitching so much ..
    Me wanted cake too..
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress. Happy belated birthday. Lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did get a lot done. I love the bright colors too. Happy Late Bday! Hope your year is full of x's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely stitching done Sarah and belated happy birthday wishes to you too, an order with 123stitch and yummy birthday cake ~ sounds good to me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    Just found your blog.

    I love that design and your stitching is lovely.

    Happy belated birthday. Those cakes look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Susan!! I LOVE your cakes. :D

    Lots of stitching done despite having only a 5 inch hoop in your arsenal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress on Love Cats, and happy belated birthday! Your cake looked amazing, simply mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday! I bought a French Silk Pie for my birthday. Wasn't the greatest, though. LOL You made some good progress on your WIP.

    I love the hat in your profile pic. Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday! Excellent stitching progress and I'm very much looking forward to seeing your 123 treats. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.