Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some crochet and IHSW before pics


Hello Lovelies!

First of all, thank you to those that commented or emailed their thoughts on their last post. It means a lot to me – please know that it is not something that I am depressed or sad about, and that I, like many others whose stories I have read this week have found sharing a healing process.

Anyways, onto brighter thoughts. This weekend is IHSW once again, didn't that come around fast! I'm going to try and put in some more work on Love Cats 1. There's been lots of progress since last time I shared, so here's a before pic for comparison. We'll see how much I can do considering that hubby is in the depths of his final dissertation, which means that I am in the depths of packing up the last 5 years of his life with limited time in which to ask him what I can throw out and what I can't! 

 
For those of you who have been asking about our travels, we're on the road to NZ via the UK from early next week. Apparently I now have parcels waiting for me in every part of the world that I'm not currently occupying (thank you so much Jane, Joysze and Julie). Of course I'll share the contents when I get a chance to open them!

I had the sudden urge to do some crochet this week and luckily managed to pick up some lovely yarn from the clearance bin in our local supermarket, so whipped up this sweet wee hat. My cousin is expecting a daughter in April, hopefully I'll get time to hook some booties or a jacket to go with the hat before then. 

 
I'll leave you with a photo of the rose I received from hubby on the 13th of Feb. . . traditionally we've made a joint decision not to celebrate Valentines day. This year was the same, so he just gave me flowers, a bottle of my favourite wine and sweets the day before!! The cheeky/lovely man! 

 
That's all for now. Hopefully I'll manage a post-IHSW post in amongst all the boxes

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. aww your wip is looking so sweet..keep it up..
    and the cap is so cute too..
    i took part in IHSW too..
    sweet rose :)
    so happy hermitting to all of us xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travelling. Great progress on your wip. The hat is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest hat ever! Have fun on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay... I'm glad it got there. :D

    Lot the little hat!! It looks like the one in your pic. :D How totally cute. Happy hermitting this weekend!!

    Yeah, we don't do the Valentine's Day thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely rose! It is nice to be spoilt once in awhile :) Great progress on your latest WIP. I hope everything settles down for you soon!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.