Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Stash and some Crochet

Hi everyone

It's weird how I have so much and yet so little going on at the moment! I'm still job hunting, but there are only so many applications I can write in a day and only so many jobs to apply for. So while I'm waiting for the right one to come along some days are busier than others and I find myself inventing projects to do that stay within my limited budget and keep me entertained!

Some crochet last week was one of them. You might remember the hat I crocheted for my expectant cousin a little while ago . . . this time I added a wee jacket to make it more of a set. Hopefully they fit new baby (due any day now)!


I already had the yarn for the project (it's amazing how far yarn stretches when it comes to baby clothes) so the total cost of the project was 4 hours of my time! The pattern is available free here.

Despite the limited budget I did some stash enhancement recently. There was a bulk lot of brand new Lizzie Kate patterns that came up for sale on TradeMe (the NZ equivelent of the bay of evil) that I just couldn't resist. .  it's hard to get American designers in NZ, plus the patterns were at an INSANELY good price. Here are four of the six I picked up

Spring Button-up, Winter Button-up, Flowers of Tomorrow & Buzz on Inn

Why am I only showing you four of the six? Because two have been stashed away for a thank-you followers giveaway. Yes it is coming, I promise!

I'm off to take some apple muffins out of the oven and finish spray-painting a wooden chair for our spare room. Wishing you all a happy and productive week. . .  speaking of which, remember it's the IHSW for April this weekend. I'll definitely be joining in, because I'm determined to finish April Showers by the end of April!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Your crochet looks lovely. Great new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crochet set is beautiful!

    Lovely new stash, L*K's are also pretty.

    Good luck with your job hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crochet jacket and hat. So adorable! What a perfect gift!

    Congrats on the new bit of stash :) I say congrats because it feel soooo good to receive it in the mail - doesn't it?!


    Good Luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the little jacket and hat. So sweet.

    Lovely new stash. It's always good to get new stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat and jacket are darling, Sarah!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.