Friday, May 4, 2012

April Showers Finally Finished!!

Oh gosh I can't believe this one is finally finished. It took me far far longer than I expected it to take! I was determined to finish it by the end of April and even that didn't happen. . . still the 3rd of May isn't too bad I suppose.

'April Showers,' by Country Cottage Needleworks. 
Completed on 28cnt Ivory Lugana with recommended DMC, Cresent Colours and Weeks Dye Works threads.

I love the pattern, it's such a cute design! But I'm not entirely happy with how it stitched up. . . . I thought I'd cut for at least a 2 inch border around the sides. Obviously not! and as hard as I tried some of the stitching just did not want to lie flat. Oh well, can't win them all. As soon as I can find a nice frame for it, it will be going on the bedside table anyway. 

Next on the agenda is going to be this almost-BAP, a mother's day present for my mum, who is currently redoing my childhood bedroom into a guest room. The room has a purple feature wall, so this will hopefully make a nice addition!  I think I have some suitable evenweave in my stash, just need to download the pattern and get the threads (thanks Jo for finding the right issue for me so I could track down some more details about the pattern before buying it. I don't understand why they don't tell you how big it is on the website!).

Enjoy your weekend everyone :) I'm off to un-kit my sewing box from April Showers. 

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. So bright and springy! Nice :)
    And I hope unpacking your sewing kit means you're going to be sitting down with your machine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous finish. Look forward to seeing your new project, it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! Happy Stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great finish: lovely and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute finish! And no one will know about the margins once it's framed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's lovely! If it's going ot be too small to frame, how about stitching some fabric to each side of it and then framing it? It'll be like a fabric border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. April showers looks great, hopefully we'll see some of those May flowers now, not more showers!
    Maybe you did what I did this week - divided the stitch count by 28 to work out the size instead of by 14 for stitching over 2?
    I have a 1cm margin on my piece! Luckily I'm intending to scrapbook it and not make a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your gorgeous finish! Best of luck starting your new BAP. I'm doing ok with mine, but I think it will be a while before I start seeing some real progress!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.