Sunday, May 20, 2012

May TUSAL

I can't believe it's the 20th of May already. This year is going so fast! I finally got around to finding a nice jar for my ORT's and it's made itself at home under the coffee table in our lounge, on top of my pile of wedding magazines .


Piles of purple starting to gather on the top from my Irises. The heap of red is from some stitching I did briefly the other day to try and figure out the stitch count of some misc fabric I'd been given.

I've had some questions lately from non-stitchy readers as to what on earth the TUSAL is. . .  it's a Totally-Useless-Stitch-A-Long hosted by Daffycat, where we collect our ORT's (Old-Ratty/Ragged-Threads, offcuts from finishing a thread, pulling out mistakes etc) in a pretty jar and share them every month on the new moon. An artful but totally useless endeavour!

I'll be back tomorrow with the results of my IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, for those of you still getting confused by all the acronyms!)

Sarah


4 comments:

  1. A nice pile of ORTs, Sarah!

    I usually measure an inch on the fabric, marking it with two pins, and the count the number of threads between the pins. Then I promptly set it aside, forgetting to mark it. If I was smart...I'd staple a piece of paper with the results of my count to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know what all the acronyms meant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.