Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Software Review

I am really really not a papercrafter. As much as I'd love to be, the combination of scissors, paper and glue just don't work well for me. It's always been that way. . .  my mum has a kindergarten report from when I was four that says "Sarah is struggling to master the use of scissors." So I've never really got into the card making or scrap booking type crafts. I do however like playing around on the computer and have always enjoyed dabbling in photo editing and making collages (see my often-changing header for example). So when I got the chance to play with and review My Memories Digital Scrapbooking software I jumped at the chance!



My Memories is a Digital Scrapbooking software designed to make the process easy. I found it had a pretty self-explanatory point and click interface that was very user friendly. It comes with a variety of backing papers, embellishments etc preloaded and many more are available online both paid and free. I downloaded a few extra free kits from the My Memories website almost straight away and found them incredibly easy to install and use. I used them to make my FIRST EVER scrapbooking pages. Here's a couple of layouts I did using photo's from my last trip to France.



I think I'm very close to being hooked already! The biggest advantage of the My Memories Suite for me though, is that as well as digital scrapbooking it has almost endless other possibilites. I used it to make some custom gift-tags (this would be so handy at Christmas)



I also tried putting together a calendar page or two using some free calendar grids I downloaded from the My Memories Suite website. This one's not quite finished, but you get the idea!


All in all I found the My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Suite to be an extremely user-friendly program with capabilites that are really only limited by what you can think of! It would be easy to customise blog headers (I have a feeling I'll probably be using it for my next one), buttons, business cards, wedding stationary (yep I have a feeling I'll be using it for that too!) and of course . . . scrapbook pages. It simple usability in my opinion makes it a far better option than programes like photoshop for the average blogger or scrapbooker.

And now for the good stuff right? To accompany my review (well done if you've got this far), if you come back later in the week I'll be giving away a free copy of the My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Suite to one of my readers. This really is a useful programme and although it's not expensive, who wouldn't want a free one?

See you then,

Sarah

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this review of the My Memories Suite and all opinions are 100% my own. I did recieve a free copy of the My Memories Suite V.3 Digital Scrapbooking Software for the purposes of this review.






2 comments:

  1. Never heard of it, looks like you had good results. I'd like to be able to make nice banners for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the email for this as well, but I'm not interested lol. I am just not a scrapbooker/picture taker, nor do I need graphics for things :D Glad you liked it, though! Nice review of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.