Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weddingness and Irises

Things are starting to get into full swing here for wedding 2.0, which is only just over 3 months away now! Most of the big things have been crossed off the list. . .  the location, the food, the dress (yes the dress!) and we're starting to get into the DIY territory of invitations, decorations and everything else. I took this photo yesterday as I was lying on our lounge floor putting invitations together. . .  there's the actual invitation, a general info sheet, and a second info sheet for people who aren't familiar with the town we're getting married in


I'm excited, but at the same time there's just so much to think about!! So cross stitching is a good relaxation-maker. I started Iris in Bloom on Monday. . .it's going to be a biggie! I don't have most of the threads yet (totally my fault, they don't come when you don't order them) but I have enough in stash to make a start.

Not the best photo in the world, sorry!

I'm enjoying seeing it come together already. I think that's partly because it's got so much purple, which also happens to be the wedding colour. So any three month out advice for this bride-to-be?

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. How exciting. So close to wedding time! Opening up my old blog and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun Sarah - exciting times for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress on Iris. Good luck with the wedding preparations such an exciting time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I didn't do much for our own wedding (37 years ago) I did make my own dress and a friend made our cake.
    But when my daughter got married in 2008 I went to town (I had just retired) - save the dates, invites, info packs, table seating plan, post box (for cards on the day), table decorations, prettyed up the silk flowers she'd bought for the occasion, cross stitched a wedding sampler, assembled a ready-made cake with flowers etc, as well as actuslly decorating the room on the morning of the wedding and making 3 wedding scrapbooks after the event! I was exhausted before the actual wedding started! So don't go doing TOO much and take time to relax with Iris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything. I'm looking forward to seeing all your handmade touches. I pretty much started planning my wedding about 4 months before the day itself so my advice is... don't do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.