Monday, October 1, 2012

Finally! A Finish!

It feel's like so long since I've had a cross stitch finish! Here is Lizzie Kate's 'A Good Marriage.' I stitched it with the threads provided (Crescent Colours, Gentle Arts Sampler & DMC) on 32ct Permin Lambswool Linen. I charted up hubby and I's names to put at the bottom - this isn't our marriage sampler (my lovely mother-in-law has that in hand), but considering the piece is special to us because it was a reading at both our weddings I couldn't stop myself from making it a bit unique!


Now I just have to get it framed quick smart! For some motivation to get it finished I've entered it in my home town's annual Agricultural and Pastoral show (in the home industries pavillion) at the end of the month! 

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Wow it is so lovely..well gone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and what a true sentiment.

    Good luck in the show, it is totally prize worthy:)

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous finish. Look forward to seeing it framed.
    Good luck with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, what a lovely momento

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish it looks great.Have this in my stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finish! Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! Love it, Sarah. It's so pretty!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special gift Sarah, congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.