Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Baking: Muffins and Tarts

Sometimes life gets away from me. I'm working full time, studying part time and attempting to have a social life, quality time with my husband and a clean house. It's easy to let one of the many juggling balls fall now and again. I'm also the type that gets easily wound up about letting those balls fall. I have to make an effort to relax and be a bit easier on myself. I find that baking helps (if I can get over the fact I'm making my kitchen even messier!)



Black Forest muffins and jam tarts. I would give you a recipe, but the tarts are really just circles of homemade shortcrust pastry filled with jam and baked. The muffins I'm still trying to perfect. These ones were to much like plain chocolate and to cakey for my liking. Back to the drawing board! Though they all disappeared anyway.

Enjoy your week!
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, they both look yum!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baking too! I find it to be really relaxing, especially baking on your own :)
    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.