Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cross Stitching: Eternity

So on the stitching front I'm still plugging away on Iris. Half the background stitching and the backstitch to go! I did take a small break from it just before Christmas though. Last year I started a tradition of making an ornament for hubby and me. You can see last years one here. Last year I just picked a design I really liked, but I decided this year I'd try and find something that symbolised the past year for hubby and I.


This is from the Brookes Book Bride's Tree collection, which I thought was appropriate as we got married not once, but twice, last year! This particular design symbolises eternity, but is also nice and Christmas-ey. I finished it as a flat fold using Vonna's excellent tutorial. The background fabric I found in a shop in the tiny town I work in half the week - I'd tried so many other places, it was so hard to find a fabric that was Christmas themed but had elements of pink!

That's all for now,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your lovely finish, I think it's such a wonderful tradition you've created :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.