Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cross-Stitching: A Good Marriage Framed

You may remember that when I left off for my bloggy break I had just finished Lizzie Kate's 'A Good Marriage' and was eagerly awaiting seeing it framed for the first time, which for me was going to be in the Home Industries Pavilion of my hometowns A&P show (similar to a county fair).

It's now in pride of place on our bedroom wall. I just love looking at it every day, I think I can say it is honestly my favourite cross stitch I've finished for myself ever.


I don't think the photos do justice to just how beautiful the framing job is. It's gorgeous. And how did it do in the show? I was extremely lucky. This piece got first place in its category (cross stitched sampler). I also got two other firsts (unframed cross stitch, framed cross stitch 15cm-30cm2) and a third (framed cross stitch 15cm-30cm2). Which meant that every single piece I entered placed! When I went to pick up my pieces the ladies were so welcoming and were truly pleased to have a young person getting involved in the handicrafts sections. I'll certainly be entering again this year. 


That's all for now,
Sarah
 

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece. Well done on your achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks brilliant in the frame and congratulations on all the prizes!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on doing so well in the fair. Your L*K piece looking gorgeous. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It is a lovely piece beautifully framed. My cousin Ben is married to a Sarah, so if you ever get tired of it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That is so awesome! You did a beautiful job. I'd like to get into cross stitch and will be looking around your blog for pointers when I do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.