Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dressmaking: Japanesy Tunic

This was my second project in my dressmaking class, a tunic (Simplicity It's So Easy 2322). With this one I had my first major dressmaking mishap. By which I mean I attached a sleeve inside out and managed to overlock it before I noticed. MAJOR unpicking required! It took me over a week to face it. Does anyone else need to take some time away from a project before tackling a major mistake? I know I do.


Is it just me, or do I look like I have no arms in this picture? Anyway, here's the end product (sleeve corrected). It has a more Japanese kimono type look than I expected it would, but I still like it. It's light and breathable fabric - don't ask me what it was because I can't remember - and is easy to dress up for work.


I'm not entirely happy with the fit in the sleeves - they're too tight when I lift my arms above my head, but it's a problem I can live with :)

This and my dress were my two projects in my first term of dressmaking. I'm half way through a second term now and planning projects for term three! So expect more dressmaking to share.

That's all for now,
Sarah


3 comments:

  1. Wow it is looking so pretty..well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely top, what a great shape! Yes, I had to scroll up and down a few times - at the top it definitely looked like a person, but then I'd see no arms and wonder if it was a mannequin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing, I really enjoy seeing what you're making on your dressmaking course :) Can't wait to see what's next!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.