Saturday, March 23, 2013

Quilting: My First Quilt Back

Last year I finished my first quilt top. . .I shared some progress photos, which some of you may remember. I'm pretty sure I shared the finished top, but I can't find the post! In any case, since I finished it it's been sitting folded up nicely in our spare room, being studiously ignored. I admit, I was a little nervous about the next part, actually doing something with it. But my dressmaking class has given me a lot of new found sewing machine confidence. I also recently got a walking foot for my machine with a gift voucher I got for my birthday. So. . .  time to take the plunge. Which meant I needed a quilt back. . .

It's pretty simple. Just a strip of leftover charms on white, but I like it. Originally I was just going to do plain white, but then a quilty friend asked me when I was discussing it with her 'if in 20 years I would regret not making it more special'. I thought it over and decided she was right.

So now for putting it all together. .  which will hopefully happen over the next few days. I'm staying with my parents while I'm at a conference and they have a big enough wooden floor to spread out on, unlike us!

p.s Yes I know the white seam is massive! I'll trim it, I promise :D

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your quilting adventures! I can't wait to see the finished article :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very nice..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.